Thursday 22 December 2016

Day 7 - Overwhelmed - ness - Living the word Calm



overwhelm
əʊvəˈwɛlm/Submit
Submit

verb
past tense: overwhelmed; past participle: overwhelmed
1.
bury or drown beneath a huge mass of something, especially water.
"floodwaters overwhelmed hundreds of houses"
synonyms:
swamp, submerge, engulf, bury, deluge, flood, inundate; More
2.
have a strong emotional effect on.
"I was overwhelmed with guilt"
synonyms:
overcome, move, stir, affect, touch, impress, sweep someone off their feet, strike,stun, make emotional, dumbfound, shake, disturb, devastate, take aback, daze,spellbind, dazzle, floor, leave speechless, take someone's breath away, stagger;
informalbowl over, blow away, knock/hit for six, knock sideways, blow someone's mind, get to
"she was overwhelmed by a sense of tragedy"



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into an experience of being overwhelmed. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to engage in the experience of being overwhelmed, whereby I will put strain and pressure on my body, in holding myself in a state of stress.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create an experience within and as me of fear and tension of being 'told off'  for not completing tasks at work effectively enough and in an adequate time frame.

I forgive myself that I haven't seen/realised and understood how I am actually compounding the problem of fear and stress within and as me by being in a point of expectation, like expecting the 'hammer to fall' so to speak.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to tell myself that "I will never finish this" when looking at a task for work, and within this create an experience around it, where I am projecting myself into the future. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into a state of panic and worry that I will make mistakes because I am rushing, instead of slowing myself down within and as the breath and taking my time, pacing myself and being realistic and practical about my work load, in stead of trying to please everyone and get it all done.

I commit myself to slow myself down, by taking an in breath and holding for a count of four, and then exhale, for a count of four, and repeating until I am calmer and steadier within and as myself.  

I commit myself to then look at my tasks that I have before me, and prioritise in level of urgency, I see/realise and understand how if I take control of myself within and as my breathing and slowing myself down I will be able to function better, and look at things more practically, rather than in fear and paranoia of emotions, and within this go into a form of a spin within and as myself, that results in me rushing and making mistakes.

I commit myself to replace the word OVERWHELMED within and as me with the word CALM, as a living expression of myself and within this pace myself in stability and focus. 














No comments:

Post a Comment