Thursday 29 December 2016

Day 9 - Finding the SPACE in PACE - Becoming Productive.


pace1
peɪs/
noun
1.
a single step taken when walking or running.
"Kirov stepped back a pace"
synonyms: step, stride, footstep
"he stepped back a pace"
2.
speed in walking, running, or moving.
"he's an aggressive player with plenty of pace"
synonyms: speed, rate, swiftness, quickness, rapidity, velocity, tempo, momentum; More
verb
1.
walk at a steady speed, especially without a particular destination and as an expression of anxiety or annoyance.
"we paced up and down in exasperation"
synonyms: walk, stride, tread, march, pound, patrol, walk up and down, walk back and forth, cross, traverse
"she paced up and down"
2.
move or develop (something) at a particular rate or speed.
"the action is paced to the beat of a perky march"


Interestingly when I look at the word PACE, I see a hurried movement, but I also see an organised and balanced experience of the word.

Moving at a steady PACE = Balanced and Uniform.

I use my breath to slow myself down and PACE myself, and within this I create more SPACE for myself as a form of being able to get more done, as all my moments are effective within this PACE.

I have seen how I have my own pace, and how if I move moment by moment in my own movement, of my own pace I am able to get more done.

When I stop my mind as thoughts about what I have to do, and instead look at what is here practically to be faced in my day, and approach it moment by moment, my movement is much more effective. Because I am making use of every second, instead of going around like a headless chicken in a spin, complaining about what I have to do and wasting energy.

I commit myself to keep slowing myself down within and as the breath, to stop stressing myself out and look at what is here realistically and within this the time that I have available to me. I commit myself to see the value in prioritising, and not rushing to get everything done in the quickest time possible.

I see/realise and understand that when I slow myself down, I am able to cope better; that within this coping I am able to achieve more, and not put my body into a state of stress.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to put strain and tension on my physical body as a form of stress, because I am panicking and rushing within what I have to do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into the opposite of panic by being nonchalant about my workload, and instead want to throw my hands in the air in a state of being overwhelmed, and giving up.

I commit myself to continue pacing myself in a steady and stable way that I am able to get things done with the least fuss and tension.

I commit myself to live the word PACE as a direct condition of myself as 'steady as she goes' and within this balance my work load into what is practically able to be done with the time that I have, in a stable and controlled manner, moving swiftly and steadily within every moment of breath.

I commit myself to create the space that I need within my day within living the word pace as a living expression of myself as every moment of breath, and regulating my pace as to what is needed in the moment. as a movement in my body and not a reaction in my mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment